Dear professional Colleagues,
Greetings of the day.
I am privileged to serve our chapter as chairperson alongside a wonderful team of executive and sub-committee members. The primary aim of the chapter is to serve our members in Kuwait by addressing areas of our interest and enhancement to sustain a success in professional career as well as amiable social living.
To this end, it is my duty along with the executive committee to continually look for avenues where we can create value and benefit for our members. The abovesaid duty extends to the students of Chartered Accountancy too, who are our future professionals.
As a round-up of our chapter’s significant activities the Chapter currently carries on the following activities:
• Conducts regular CPE events,
• Manages examinations for students,
• Organizes social, CSR and sports activities,
• Communicate job vacancies,
• Engages in setting up mutual activities with Kuwait Association of Accountants and Auditors and other professional bodies,
• Signs up educational and professional courses for members at discounted rates,
• Negotiates discounted merchant benefits for its members,
• Publishes its newsletter ‘Jagruti’ as a voice of its members.
The above activities are carried out through six enthusiastic and zealous committees handled overall by about 22 professionals. The current committee and I endeavor to continue the above initiatives successfully implemented by earlier committees in the past while looking out for newer initiatives.
I would personally urge each and every member of our chapter to come forward to serve the chapter and our profession at large. I would also invite as many ideas from our members for the Chapter to serve members in better and newer ways.
In the grand words of the great Tamil saint poet Thiruvalluvar, “Vella thanaiya Malar Neettam Maandhar Tham Ulla Thanayadhu Uyarvu”.
Id est, the stalks of water-flowers can reach only such heights as proportionate to the depth of the water; so also is men's greatness proportionate to their minds.
So, let us all put together our minds and elevate our Chapter to newer heights as proportionate to the collective greatness of our individual minds.
Jai Hind! Jai ICAI!
CA Sriram Gopalakrishnan
Kuwait Chapter of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India